Sunday, May 20, 2012

Post #300 Osaka

The reason I'm going to give this time for leaving it so long between posts is the overwhelming and daunting task of 'penning' my 300th post! So almost two months later, here's the final instalment of my Japan pics before I move onto what I've actually been up to! Forgive me if I've forgotten the specifics of where these photos are taken...


Mt Fuji and farmland in the foreground. I was continually amazed at these small plots of land right by the train line with their tiny trucks and old farm tools.


The Shinkansen bullet train arriving to the second.


Outskirts of Tokyo



A clear day to see the great mountain



Snoozing in Osaka


Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuumm!


Osaka Castle




Gardeners on lunchbreak


I was too early for cherry blossoms by about 2 weeks but was lucky enough to see the plum blossoms in full bloom in this garden.




Take note of the white and pink flowers on the same tree !




Three generations


Osaka Castle



There were a number of cats just strolling around the grounds here- I spotted a ginger wandering through the plum trees, a pair of green eyes gazing through bushes and this one stalking some pidgeons...



An elderly gentleman in a public board game sess.



Tennoji Park



View from my hotel


Dotonbori District by the river


I decided to jump onboard a river boat for a bit of a tour to find myself with the guide and one other Japanese couple. The guide had actually been to Australia ("Syd-den-ey") to learn English so he said a few things in English for me.






The most delicious sushi



It was the most amazing trip to be on- I am so thankful to have been able to go. I will certainly be back to see more of this amazing country and meet more of the kind and gracious people here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you really think...