Thursday, April 12, 2012

35mm - The Third Eye


Taking three cameras to Japan and hauling them around might have been a bit excessive...

Totally worth it in my eyes as each one brought out different sides of what I was seeing and I can then pass that on. It's always easier to explain something in pictures. 


First impressions- Shinagawa



Under the overpass in Shibuya


Electric Town- Shinjuku



Do not feed the pigeons or they will poop on your icecream. Other similar signage had illustrations of clean washing as the victim. 


Kyoto- did a day trip up here from Osaka by catching the bullet train. As you can see, it was a pretty miserable rainy day. After getting blisters under my heels from walking around so much, I got lazy and caught a taxi post walking 3 kms in the wrong direction. 


There were plenty of really cute homes in and around the streets. Kyoto had a very traditional feel to it, with simple wooden features on architecture.


In the maze of suburban homes this just happened to materialise. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to go in but I did, took a few photos, felt a little awkward and moseyed on out of there. 


Nanzenji Temple



Yasaka Shrine

And yet, there are still more photos to come! Check back here for Osaka pics soon.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Susie! I will be on the lookout for those icecream pooping pigeons...
    Did u take any socks and sandals snapshots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your Japan blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No socks and sandals posts- only the bride and groom's in one of the other posts! Thanks for the encouragement guys!

    ReplyDelete

say what you really think...